Article Ontology is Overrated: Categories, Links, and Tags talks among other things about application domain of ontology.
Now applied to our wiki, we have:
- mix of both stable well defined categories and new topics that are in flux,
- relatively restricted domain - Linux and openSUSE, but we go into a lot of details there,
- mix of topics that cross boundaries of disciplines,
- participants are more or less not experienced,
- there is a limited number of people interested in the work on the wiki, specially to spend time learning how it works